Mechanical Engineer I
Collaborate with a team of architects, designers, and technical professionals across disciplines, through all phases of a project – from design, to bid, to construction. Gain a mentor for your personal development and become a mentor to help younger staff grow from your experience. Join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential; when you succeed, we succeed.
We are seeking to fill a Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Designer position in our Latham (Albany) NY headquarters; this full-time position offers a complete benefits package, skills development, and advancement opportunities.
- Serve as Mechanical Engineer on assigned projects in all phases of design and construction. Serve as Assistant Project Manager for designated projects.
- Assist in the development of project design strategy/philosophy and secure approval from the Division or Project Manager.
- Carry out assignments from Project Managers relative to research, feasibility studies, presentation material and schematic, design development and construction documents on engineering projects.
- Prepare design calculations, sketches, permit applications, cost estimates, engineering reports, construction documents, and budget/schedule project manuals.
- Coordinate bidding and construction services with the client as directed. Assist in all aspects of construction administration, including submittal reviews, change orders, site visits, requisition reviews, etc.
- Maintain client contacts in order to promote future projects. Be familiar with the capabilities of the entire Firm and market all facets of the Firm as the opportunity arises or as designated by the Division Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4-6 years relevant experience
- EIT preferred
- Broad-ranging portfolio of project experience, including commercial, municipal, and public works project types
- Documented experience with building codes and other relevant mechanical codes a plus
- Strong working knowledge of building systems; must be production proficient in the current version of AutoCAD; experience with REVIT a plus
- Demonstrated skill at managing the scope, schedule and budget of projects, including estimating production efforts and project coordination
- Strong oral and written communication skills and leadership abilities to provide quality client service as a member of the project design team
- Self-motivated problem solver
- A minimal amount of travel within New York State may be required in support of project activities
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please click this link: Mechanical Engineer I
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, C.T. Male will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.