We are seeking a motivated, high performing, skilled individual with 5 years minimum experience to join our Architectural Team. The Project Architect will be responsible for project creation and production from initial concept through construction documents, bidding and construction administration. Must have strong design skills as well as superlative written and verbal communication skills with a desire to lead a project team. As a Project Architect, you will be tasked with initiating and coordinating all aspects of project development with in-house staff and consultants. The Project Architect will work under the supervision of a Managing or Senior Architect.
- 5 years minimum post-graduate design and construction administration experience
- BArch or MArch, NAAB-accredited program
- Registered architect in New York State preferred. Unlicensed candidates will be considered if on an active professional licensing track so long as all other qualifications are met.
- Proficiency in relevant software and office systems including Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, MasterFormat specifications and office filing standards
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and collaboratively as an integrated team member
- Demonstrate skills necessary to interact with senior staff, junior staff and clients in a supportive, constructive, professional manner
- Demonstrate an ability to research and teach in the context of design, production and software implementation
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of project finances including fee budgets and construction cost estimates
- Must have extensive knowledge of building codes; Possession of a NYS Code Enforcement Official certification a plus
Our focus is on building better communities through design. Be involved in projects with our in-house Multi-Discipline Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. We are looking for a highly motivated person who can make meaningful contributions to a growing design culture by demonstrating the impact of good design on a range of projects including critical infrastructure and essential facilities, municipal and public work projects, multi-family housing, and various other architectural and building projects. There will be extensive opportunities for professional development and personal growth within a firm that places a high value on its community and on its greatest resource, its staff.
C.T. Male Associates is a large, multi-disciplinary regional design firm that serves a broad swath of New York State and New England. We are comprised of 120+ staff of architects, engineers, surveyors, and scientists with a highly supportive management and administrative staff. Our culture is rigorous, professional, and engaged with its community. Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please apply here: Project Architect
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.