Join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential. Collaborate with a team of technical professionals across disciplines, exercise independent judgement while supervising and coordinating the work of supporting staff, learn how to engage with clients to grow long-lasting relationships.
We are seeking to fill a Project Surveyor position in our Syracuse, NY office; this full-time position includes both field and office opportunities, a full benefits package, leadership skills development, and advancement potential.
- Act as the lead professional/Project Manager for select clients and term agreements to ensure quality products.
- Negotiate contracts, prepare proposals and manage financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Develop sound Scopes of Work in accordance with the clients’ requirements.
- Exercise leadership and motivation within the project team to ensure good performance by all members.
- Provide technical and professional consultation on Firm projects involving survey issues.
- Direct and instruct other field staff engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, etc.
- Effectively complete assignments including construction stakeout, boundary surveys and topographic & existing conditions surveys.
- Interpret maps, design plans, architectural plans, and specifications.
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, and other surveyors, including deed research.
- Review potential markets/clients to pursue with Survey Division Manager and Marketing Director for business development.
- A.A.S. Degree in Surveying Technology or related field and/or a minimum of 20 years of experience with Survey Project Management.
- P.L.S. in New York State required.
- A thorough knowledge of all types of land surveys.
- Complete knowledge of the purpose and procedures for field and office work regarding surveys.
- Ability to effectively use GPS, total stations and robotic total station survey equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Boundary Law while performing boundary surveys.
- A valid driver’s license.
- May be required to be certified to work on hazardous waste projects.
- May be required to undergo drug testing as required for specific projects or fingerprinting as required for security clearance purposes.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded. Please apply at this link: Project Surveyor
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.