Join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential. Collaborate with a team of technical professionals across disciplines, exercise independent judgement while supervising and coordinating the work of supporting staff, learn how to engage with clients to grow long-lasting relationships. We are seeking to fill a Project Surveyor position in our Poughkeepsie, NY office; this full-time position includes both field and office opportunities, a full benefits package, leadership skills development, and advancement potential.
- Act as the lead professional/Project Manager for select clients and term agreements to ensure quality products.
- Negotiate contracts, prepare proposals and manage financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Develop sound Scopes of Work in accordance with the clients’ requirements.
- Exercise leadership and motivation within the project team to ensure good performance by all members.
- Provide technical and professional consultation on Firm projects involving survey issues.
- Direct and instruct other field staff engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, etc.
- Effectively complete assignments including construction stakeout, boundary surveys and topographic & existing conditions surveys.
- Interpret maps, design plans, architectural plans, and specifications.
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, and other surveyors, including deed research.
- Review potential markets/clients to pursue with Survey Division Manager and Marketing Director for business development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying and/or a minimum of 10 years of experience with Survey Project Management.
- P.L.S. required, preferably from New York State. If P.L.S. is held in another state, must have the ability to become licensed in New York within one year.
- A thorough knowledge of all types of land surveys.
- Complete knowledge of the purpose and procedures for field and office work regarding surveys.
- Ability to effectively use GPS, total stations and robotic total station survey equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Boundary Law while performing boundary surveys.
- A valid driver’s license.
- May be required to be certified to work on hazardous waste projects.
- May be required to undergo drug testing as required for specific projects or fingerprinting as required for security clearance purposes.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please click this link: Project Surveyor – Poughkeepsie