Project Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking a mid-level Mechanical Engineer for a Project Mechanical Engineer position in our Latham (Albany), NY headquarters. This full-time position offers a complete benefits package and has the potential to evolve into a managing engineer position as we continue to build on years of success. As a Project Mechanical Engineer at C.T. Male Associates, you will serve as Mechanical Engineer on assigned projects in all phases of design and construction. In addition to other responsibilities, you will mentor and oversee the performance of technical work of junior mechanical engineers, assist in the development of project design strategy/philosophy and interact with clients to further project goals and promote the firm’s capabilities. You will also prepare design calculations, sketches, permit applications, cost estimates, engineering reports, construction documents, and budget/schedule project manuals.
- P.E. license required, New York preferred, with the ability to acquire licensure in New York and/or other states as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited EAC/ABET institution.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in progressive design and engineering and/or project management, including demonstrated skill at managing the scope and schedule of projects, including estimating production efforts and project coordination.
- Experience developing project designs from concept through completion of construction documents in a wide breadth of project and system types, serving higher education, institutional and healthcare, industrial, government, and commercial buildings.
- Production proficiency in AutoCAD 2019 is required. Experience with eQuest, REVIT, and Trane Trace is a plus.
- Expertise with field evaluation of HVAC systems, building humidity controls and ability to recommend building system performance associated with improving indoor air quality.
- Expertise with ASHRAE recommendations for “Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality.”
- Strong oral and written communication skills and leadership abilities to provide quality client service as a member of the project design team and in business development activities.
If you’re looking for a new challenge that comes with the opportunity to grow and participate in the management and success of a quality engineering company, we’d love to talk to you. Join a company where your talents and motivation will be rewarded; please apply at this link: Project Mechanical Engineer
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.