Survey Crew Chief
We are seeking to fill a Survey Crew Chief position in our Latham (Albany), NY office. Our company has over 100 years of surveying experience with a reputation for high quality services, attention to detail and professionalism. This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package as well as advancement opportunities.
As a Survey Crew Chief at C.T. Male Associates, you will be responsible for boundary, topographic, utility, and construction survey work. You will also have the opportunity to use modern, state-of the art technology, performing 3D laser scanning surveys, drone surveys and bathymetric surveys for a wide variety of clients. You will be responsible for the crew and oversee other crew members.
Frequent travel with some overnight stays is a key component of this position. There is opportunity for overtime and work on NYS Prevailing Wage projects.
With more studies showing the health consequences of desk jobs, enjoy the scenery and improve your wellbeing while you work!
- Perform survey work involving boundary, topographic, utility, construction, laser scanning, GPS, and other surveys.
- Instruct, manage, and direct an Instrument Operator engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, plots and plats, property lines, subdivision monuments, etc.
- Verify the accuracy of measurements taken by your crew; keep accurate records, notes, and sketches of the work performed.
- Prepare, practice and execute all Health and Safety Procedures, for yourself and all employees under your supervision, as per the firm’s policies.
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, and other surveyors, including deed research.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with three plus (3+) years of relevant experience and/or training or the equivalent combination.
- A full working knowledge of Boundary Law and experience in boundary & topographic surveys.
- Expert utilization knowledge of Data Collectors & Total Stations.
- Willingness and ability to travel routinely, including overnight stays.
- Leadership skills, including readiness to mentor junior staff.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to comfortably lift and walk several feet carrying up to 75 lbs. of equipment.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Health and Safety training is a plus.
- Current Remote UAV Pilot Part 107 Certificate is a plus.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please apply here: Survey Crew Chief
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.