Survey Instrument Operator
We are seeking a motivated, focused individual to join the Survey Services Team in Latham (Albany), New York as a Survey Instrument Operator. This full-time position offers a complete benefits package and advancement potential.
As a Survey Instrument Operator at C.T. Male Associates, you will assist a Survey Crew Chief with land surveying activities including boundary, topographic and construction surveys using robotic total station, data collectors and GPS. We will provide training for this position. Frequent travel with some overnight stays is a key component of this position.
If working in an office or cubicle is not for you, join our Survey Team! With more studies showing the health consequences of desk jobs, enjoy the scenery and improve your wellbeing while you work.
- Performs boundary, topographic, and construction surveys under direct supervision of a Survey Crew Chief.
- Operates and maintains various surveying instruments such as Data Collectors, Total Stations, Robotic Total Stations, GPS, 3D Laser Scanners, drones and other equipment to perform survey measurements.
- Performs mathematical calculations to establish and locate reference points, property corners, vertical and horizontal reference points, and line staking for construction projects.
- Interprets maps, plats, plans and specifications.
- Keeps proper and complete notes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain training certifications as needed.
- Must be willing to work out of town within approximately 3 hours from the Albany area. (Paid travel and per-diem)
- Ability to comfortably lift up to 75 lbs. of equipment and walk comfortably with it several feet.
Join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential; when you succeed, we succeed. Please apply here: Survey Instrument Operator
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.