Dutchess County Department of Public Works
On-Call Professional Architectural Services
Dutchess County was seeking to retain a qualified firm to provide professional architectural services for various County projects including, but not limited to: minor new construction, reconstruction and retrofit, repair and maintenance design. C.T. Male Associates was recently selected for this term contract based on our experience and areas of expertise.
The services provided are being used for work up to the limit of the contract specific assignment on an on-call basis. Often the work may be assigned on short notice and with expedited performance schedule. Disciplines and work tasks required typically include, but may not be limited to:
- Creating idea/schematic sketches
- Creating schematic alternates
- Providing schematic cost estimates
- Creating sketches of simple design for in-house repair/reconstruction
- Creating sketches developing schematic concepts
- Providing cost estimates
- Producing construction documents for minor projects suitable for in-house construction or contracted services
- Providing cost estimates for construction documents
- Produce bid documents ready for RFB (or RFP) for small to medium sized projects
- Assist in proposal/bid evaluations as requested
- Provide cost estimates for projects being bid
Dutchess County Department of Public Works Buildings Division outlines the objectives for each work task to be assigned. C.T. Male Associates then prepares a task-specific scope of services and schedule for each assigned work task, including cost, for County review. Primary interface with Dutchess County is through the Commissioner of Public Works or a designee from the Department of Public Works Building Division, who is responsible for the coordination & acceptance of the work. The current assignment includes new canopies for the existing fuel islands at the Dutchess County Airport and the DPW facility in the Town of Amenia.