Campground, Equestrian and Day Use Area
In, January 2017, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced the completion of a conceptual master plan to establish a “Gateway to the Adirondacks” that will attract new visitors to the Adirondack Park and drive economic growth in New York State and the North Country. As part of this initiative, C.T. Male worked in conjunction with New York State Office of General Services (OGS) and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) on the redevelopment of the former Frontier Town Theme Park located in North Hudson, New York. Construction commenced in the winter of 2018 and is currently ongoing.
The mission of the Frontier Town Campground, Equestrian and Day Use Area is to provide opportunities for the public to connect with the natural environment of the Adirondacks and enjoy outdoor recreational activities. The project will also provide trailhead access for hiking and horseback riding, along with areas for picnicking. The area includes approximately 11,600 linear feet of new paved roads and a total of ninety-one (91) camping sites. It also includes porous gravel “paved” surfaces within the equestrian and tent site areas and has its’ own potable water supply source and private wastewater treatment system.
The services provided to OGS by C.T. Male include, but are not limited to:
- Site Plan Design Services
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) preparation
- Civil design for roads, drainage features, trails, and water and wastewater systems, including the design of porous “pavement” surfaces, rain gardens and infiltration basins.
- Electrical design, including solar generation power feature
- SEQRA Compliance services, including the preparation of a pre-filed Draft GEIS in lieu of a Part 1 Full Environmental Assessment Form (EAF); Technical assistance with Lead Agency Consultation; and Preparation of a comprehensive Draft Negative Declaration Documentation for DEC finalization and publication
- Visual Impact Assessment
- Phase IB cultural resources survey, geomorphologic study, and structural-building inventories for 2 existing structures
- Preparation of an Adirondack Park Agency (APA) permit application
- Building architectural design and renderings
- Water Well Investigation and design
- Septic System design
- Preparation of Construction Plans and Details
- Construction Phase Services