Tryon Technology Park and Incubator Center

Johnstown, New York

In the summer of 2011, New York State ceased day-to-day operations and closed the Tryon Youth Detention Facility located in the Town of Perth, NY.  Fulton County submitted a plan to New York State to convert the former Tryon Campus into the Tryon Technology Park and Incubator Center.  The short term plan for the former Tryon campus is to lease the existing buildings on site as incubator space for start-up businesses, offices, warehouses, storage and/or other uses.  The long term plan is to create shovel ready sites on approximately 300 acres of the former Tryon campus.  To prepare the campus for shovel ready sites, Fulton County will need to undertake a construction project to upgrade the road network by construction of a new internal loop road and upgrading the water and sanitary sewer infrastructure.

C.T. Male Associates is assisting the Fulton County with assessing the condition of the former Tryon Campus and progressing improvement projects for both the short and long term plans.  From the project’s start, C.T. Male Associates has performed field investigations, asbestos containing material surveys for the buildings, a Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment, and an assessment of the existing infrastructure.

C.T. Male Associates is providing professional design services for the condition assessment of existing infrastructure including recommendations for replacement or repair, and installation of new infrastructure.  Coordination with public utility companies (water, sanitary sewer, electric, natural gas, communications) by C.T. Male Associates staff is a big part of understanding the existing infrastructure capabilities and the future capacities of utility networks.  Water supply and distribution, wastewater collection, stormwater management facilities, and road network are all currently being evaluated and improvements designed.

For more information regarding C.T Male Associates’ Civil Engineering Services, please contact us at 518-786-7400 to speak with our civil engineers.